Associate, Communications & Public Affairs
Global Strategy Group works at the intersection of business, politics, and causes. Our team has successfully led communications and public affairs campaigns for clients such as The Rockefeller Foundation, Major League Soccer, and the Independent Commission on New York City Criminal Justice and Incarceration Reform.
We are always looking for top talent at the Associate level for our growing Communications & Public Affairs Practice. Successful candidates have a strong interest in corporate, political, and advocacy clients and a desire to work in a fast-paced, dynamic and demanding environment. Associates are expected to juggle multiple assignments and deadlines simultaneously, including managing projects for a client, drafting memos, pitching stories to reporters, helping to build coalitions, working on digital or social campaigns, or helping to develop a new business proposal.
• Have excellent project management and organizational skills
• Have an ability to work in a fast-paced environment
• Have strong written and verbal communication skills
• Be detail-oriented and strong at multi-tasking
• Be motivated, responsible, and proactive
As a GSG Associate in the Communications & Public Affairs Practice, you will…
• Research and draft client-facing materials, including memos, presentations, press releases, talking points, fact sheets, media lists, and social media content
• Conduct regular media monitoring (traditional and social) and create coverage reports for a range of clients and industries
• Assist senior team members in the development and execution of campaign plans, including communications, grassroots/field, and digital engagements
• Contribute to the development of new business proposals and presentations for prospective clients
• Assist with managing projects, including taking notes in client meetings and on conference calls, tracking client deliverables and deadlines, managing task spreadsheets, and providing activity reports
• Perform background research and create briefing materials for the account team in preparation for meetings and calls with existing or potential clients
• Understand and appropriately utilize resources (e.g., online research, monitoring tools, other reference materials)
• Provide support and contribute ideas to internal planning discussions and brainstorming sessions
• Identify and conduct outreach to potential coalition partners
• Help manage activities of subcontractors/third party vendors
• Understand and comply with agency operations and procedures (e.g., time sheets, expense reports)
• Produce grammatically correct, typo-free copy and demonstrate a keen attention to detail
• Complete assignments, meet deadlines, and work with supervisors to successfully juggle multiple projects
• A Bachelor’s degree in the areas of communications, public relations, political science, public affairs, public policy, or a relevant field
• 1 – 3 years of prior experience in strategic communications or public affairs within the corporate, government, politics, non-profits, or agency spaces, political campaigns, or a related industry
• Excellent writing and verbal communication skills
• Strong interest in corporate, political, and advocacy clients
• Understanding of communications and public affairs industries, politics, and general understanding of client service
• Experience using digital communications and social media platforms, including Facebook, Twitter, YouTube, Flickr, blogs, etc.
• Team player with the ability to build and maintain strong working relationships with team members
• A natural problem-solver with good judgment and ability to manage up
• Ability to work efficiently under pressure and maintain quality, detail and organization across multiple assignments
• Initiative, resourcefulness, and the desire to work hard
• Proficiency in Microsoft Office suite of applications
Bonus Qualifications: Bilingual or multi-lingual abilities are highly valued
Please submit your resume and cover letter (as separate PDFs) to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Please be sure to use Name – NY Associate, Communications & Public Affairs as the subject of the correspondence.
Candidates who match the needs for the position will be contacted via e-mail.
Global Strategy Group, LLC.
Honored to be named Public Affairs Agency of the Year by The Holmes Report, we are distinguished by our depth of talent, influential clients, and winning track record. Battle-tested in the trenches of corporate reputation management and political campaigns, we bring unrivaled commitment to every assignment. Our culture of independence, integrity, and responsiveness established by our co-founders two decades ago drives our team of nearly 100 smart, strategic, and creative professionals today. Our clients—which include Fortune 100 companies, national political leaders, associations and nonprofits—rely on us for candid guidance and fast, effective execution. We provide a combination of critical thinking and on-the-ground results that many other firms talk about, but few deliver.
Global Strategy Group is an Equal Opportunity Employer. We do not discriminate against any applicant for employment on any legally recognized basis including, but not limited to: race, religion or creed, color, national origin, sex, age, disability, marital status, sexual orientation, genetic information, citizenship status, veteran status, uniform service member status, or any other protected class under federal, state or local statute.