Manager, Communications & Public Affairs
Global Strategy Group works at the intersection of business, politics, and causes. Our team has successfully led communications and public affairs campaigns for clients across industries.
We are always looking to connect with top talent for potential opportunities with GSG. We’re currently interested in connecting with professionals at the Manager level for our growing Communications & Public Affairs Practice. We are interested in discussing this opportunity with candidates for either our New York or Hartford offices.
Successful candidates have experience in implementing strategic communications and public affairs programs and tactics. This position is expected to work independently to help oversee the planning, execution, and management of multiple client initiatives. Managers are expected to juggle multiple assignments and deadlines simultaneously, including managing projects for clients, drafting memos, pitching stories to reporters, building coalitions, working on digital or social campaigns, and helping to develop new business proposals.
• Have excellent project management and organizational skills
• Have an ability to work in a fast-paced environment
• Have excellent written and verbal communications skills
• Have media contacts and experience in media relations
• Be detail-oriented and strong at multi-tasking
• Be motivated, responsible, and proactive
As a GSG Manager in the Communications & Public Affairs Practice, you will…
• Lead on the development of client facing materials, including memos, presentations, media materials, and social media content
• Manage multiple workstreams for projects, as well as those of more junior team members, by setting priorities and delegating to adhere to timelines and meet deadlines
• Establish strong client relationships through regular email correspondence, calls, and in-person meetings
• Demonstrate strong political judgement and advanced communications skills through critical thinking and project management
• Work directly with reporters to place and inform stories, and serve as on-the-record spokesperson for some clients
• Contribute to new-business presentation development
• Contribute to organic growth opportunities with clients that result in new projects and revenue
• Actively participate and contribute to internal planning meetings and brainstorming sessions
• Proactively manage administration of ongoing client engagements, including utilization, profitability and regular reporting
• Demonstrate professionalism, maturity and good judgment, contributing to a positive work environment for colleagues and clients
• Take the lead on specific components of day-to-day account activities and projects, including account status calls, timelines, and client budgets, as needed
• 7+ years of progressive experience in strategic communications or public affairs in corporate, government, politics, non-profits, or agency settings, political campaigns, or a related industry
• Demonstrated success implementing strategic communications and public affairs programs and tactics
• Experience using digital communications and social media platforms for clients
• Strong organization, prioritization, and project management skills
• Ability to juggle multiple assignments while maintaining high quality work product and careful attention to detail
• Ability to work efficiently under pressure and maintain quality, detail and organization across multiple assignments
• Excellent writing, editing, and verbal communication skills with strong presentation skills
• Team player with the ability to build and maintain strong working relationships with colleagues, clients, the press and other audiences
• Takes initiative, curious, resourceful, and a has a strong desire to work hard
• Proficiency in Microsoft Office suite of applications
• Agency experience a plus
• Bilingual or multi-lingual abilities are highly valued
Education: Bachelors’ degree required.
Please submit your resume, along with a cover letter explaining why GSG is the right opportunity for you, to email@example.com. Please be sure to use NAME – Manager, Communications & Public Affairs as the subject line of your correspondence.
Please also specify your location, either CT or NY.
Candidates who match the needs for the position will be contacted via email.