Americans: New Congress should provide check on White House, follow investigation facts
Our new NAVIGATOR post-election survey provides the first message guidance for progressive communicators and Democratic leaders in defining the agendas of the 116th Congress and President Trump.
There are 5 key takeaways:
- Check and balance. Americans want newly-empowered Democrats in Congress to provide a strong “check and balance” on Trump administration policies.
- Play your strengths. Democrats arrive in Washington with credibility on some of the major issues from the midterms — including health care, corruption, and gun violence.
- Less toxicity. The midterms were about change, and one part of that is Americans want less of the toxic politics that Trump has made his brand.
- Focus on facts. When talking about investigations or oversight, Democrats should be careful to focus on the facts, rather than process.
- Engage on the economy. Democrats have a strong case to make on the economy and can persuade constituents they are on the side of working and middle-class people.
Read our full report at NavigatorResearch.org